Think & Find

We don’t sell any product. We provide authentic information only.​
Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Search in posts
Search in pages
(Last Updated On: April 5, 2024)

“Think and Find” relies on reader support. By clicking on product links, you can help us generate income to sustain our efforts. For further information, please visit our “About Us” page.

Jackery 240 Review: Exploring the Features of This High-Performance Power Station

Jackery 240 review
Jackery 240 power station
Jackery 240 power station

Welcome back!  just after a review of Jackery 300, we are going to review the small version of Jackery’s portable power station. It is Jackery 240. Today we are going to review the Jackery Explorer 240 which is also called Jackery 240. Jackery Explorer 240 has a power of 240-watt hour backup by its lithium-ion battery that can provide 110 volts and 200-watt maximum power output. it provides pure sine wave electricity.  This jackery 240 has an average recharging time and it can be also used as a solar generator for outdoor camping, hunting, and many more.

Jackery 240 is a best seller power station on Amazon as well as it is “the best portable Power station for use in the outdoors” by digital trends. So do not lose your confidence while buying this. it will be a great choice for you if you want to buy this portable power station.


Get going with the design of this satisfying little but portable power station. The dimension of this potable power station is, Height: 9.05in(23cm), Width: 5.24in(13.32cm), and Depth: 7.87in(20cm). 6.6 pounds makes it perfectly portable. on The top of the power station, it has an integrated handlebar which is cleverly designed to carry the portable power station so that you can feel less weight of the power station.

It is a black and orange color portable power station, on both sides you will get a ventilation system and on the front, you will get the branding. there is a small negative display to show the details status of the power station.  Besides the display, you will get a 12-volt car output port to connect the car charger. You will get Only one 110-volt 200w AC output port in the front part. It has two 5-volt and 2.4-amp USB ports. And besides the USB ports, there is an input port to connect the charging to recharge this power station. all ports have an individual push button to on or off. One thing we like is that all the ports have a clear visual mark with an orange line so that you can clearly get the perfect port for you that you’re going to use. the design is very minimalistic, sturdy, and an example of perfect craftsmanship. you will definitely love this when you will get it in your hand.

Performance Test

To test the performance, we have tested this portable power station outdoors as well as indoors.

To test the outdoor performance we have taken a DSLR camera and a drone because these two things are essential for us when we go camping or outing and most of the time we don’t have a regular power source there. 

To Test the indoor performance we have taken an iPhone 14 pro and Surface Laptop 5 from Microsoft because often we use these devices indoors and need to recharge frequently if there is no power supply from the grid.

Our Performance Testing Method

  1. We tested these devices in the general condition of a twat the outdoor devices we went to the outdoor where the sunlight and natural air flow were present so that you can know the actual performance under the day temperature. 
  2. To test the indoor device we used those in our living room in a room-temperature atmosphere.
  3. To Test the outdoor devices we used the USB ports of the Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station because we don’t want to carry the charging adapters of the devices with us in the outdoor. We just took the power cable.
  4. To test the indoor devices we used the AC 110V/ 200W port of the portable power station so that you can get a clear view of the performance of every port in detail. 
  5. Our Tested devices

Outdoor Devices

Indoor Devices

Product Type



Battery Capacity

Product Name



Battery Capacity

Mirrorless Camera

Alpha 7 III


2280 mAh

Mobile Phone

iPhone 14 Pro


3200 mAh


Mavic Pro 3


5000 mAh


Surface Laptop 5


47.4 Wh

Performance Test Results for Outdoor Devices

Performance test of Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station with Sony Aplha 7 III:

Sony Alpha 7 III has a 2280mAh battery with 7.2v. It is a 16.4Wh battery and we were able to recharge this battery 10 times with the full charge of the portable power station. At the charging time, no other device was used by the portable power station. We directly connected the camera to the USB ports of the portable power station which output power is 5v, 2.4 amps. The Sony Alpha 7 III does not support fast charging and it took 160 – 170 minutes to be fully charged. Sony Alpha 7 III has a good battery backup. On the EVF CIPA standard mood, you will be able to take 600-620 shots, and LCD monitor, CIPA standard you will be able to take 700-720 shots. So with a fully charged Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station and Sony Alpha III, you will be able to capture 6000 – 6200 shots in EVF CIPA standard mood and 7000 to 7200 shots in LCD monitor, CIPA standard mood. Which is a decent performance from a portable power station.
Performance test of Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station with DJI Mavic 3 Pro


Mavic 3 Pro is the latest drone from DJI. This drone has a 5000mAh battery with 15.4v. We recharged the Mavic 3 pro 2 times and there 10% charge was left in the portable power station. Jackery has claimed that it can provide 4 charges to a drone. Unfortunately for DJI Mavic 3 Pro, this statement is not true. Maybe this advertised information is true for a drone that has a small battery capacity. The flight time of our DJI Mavic 3 Pro is 40-45 minutes on a single charge. So you can expect 80-90 minutes of flight time with the combination of Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station and DJI Mavic 3 Pro.

Performance Test Results for Outdoor Devices

Performance test of jackery Explorer 240 portable power station Apple iPhone 14 Pro: Apple iPhone 14 Pro is the latest and a commonly used mobile phone in the USA. We have selected this mobile phone to test the indoor running time of the Jakcery 240 portable power station. It has a 3200 mAh battery. we have recharged it via the 20w Apple official adapter. This 20W adapter can recharge an iPhone 14 pro within 95 – 100 minutes. We could recharge the Apple iPhone 14 pro 5 times with the Jackery portable power station by 20-watt AC adapter and 5% Charge was left in the power station. The Video playback time of an Apple iPhone 14 pro max is 23 hours. So you will get an accumulated approx. 115 hours of video playback time with the jackery portable power station Jackery has claimed 14 times a mobile recharge but with the AC adapter, it is not possible. To better understand, we have tested the Apple iPhone14 pro without an adapter and connected it directly to the USB ports with USB-A and lightning cable as this portable power station does not have USB type c output ports. The result dramatically increased. By the USB port, you can recharge your Apple iPhone 14 pro 14 times and 8% battery left in the power station which is exactly the same as the jackery claimed. now the video playback time is 322 hours, unfortunately, the USB ports of the jackery explorer 240, the recharging time was 2.5 hours which is a demerit. 

We suggest recharging mobile phones with portable power stations directly from the USB ports to get a better result.

Performance Test of Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station with Microsoft Surface 5 Laptop

To test indoor divides we have selected a surface laptop 5. We will show how many times the portable power station can recharge the laptop fully. We have used a Microsoft Surface 65w power supply adapter to recharge the surface laptop 5. We were able to recharge the laptop 2 times and the power station 240 has 17% remaining charge. Our Surface 5 laptop has a 13-inch display and it can run up to 18 hours so with this portable power station you will be able to run a 13-inch Microsoft Surface 5 for 35 hours. 

Additionally, we have tested a CPAP machine because a huge number of users use a portable power station for using their cpap at night. 

To test the performance of the cpap we found a user of cpap machine and gave our jackery 240 portable power station to use with his CPAP machine. After using 7 days he gave us the feedback. Here is the feedback.

The Name of the user to test the Jackery 240 with a cpap machine is Mr. Muktar. He used this with his Airsense 10 CPAP machine from Resmed. [Click here to get the review of Some Best Cpap Machines]

Mr. Muktar used this portable power with his AirSense 10 without a humidifier so that he could get the best output from the power station.

Here is the result:

1st Use: Exactly 8 Hours or 480 minutes. Battery reduced: 19%. Remaining battery: 81%

2nd Use: Exactly 6 Hours or 360 minutes. Battery reduced: 33.4%, Remaining Battery: 66.6%

3rd Use: Exactly 7 Hours or 420 minutes. Battery reduced: 51%, Remaining Battery: 49%

4th Use: Exactly 6.5 Hours or 390 minutes. Battery reduced: 67% Remaining Battery: 33%

5th Use: Exactly 9 Hours or 540 Minutes. Battery reduced: 89% Remaining Battery: 11%

[Note: Using a humidifier with the CPAP machine will reduce the backup time of the power station]

So with a Jackery portable power station and Airsense 10, you will be able to run it for at least 5 days without recharging it. You must need to use DC to DC connector to connect the Cpap machine in the Car Port of Jackery 240 to get the mentioned performance. Here you can find it (DC TO DC Cable).

Recharging Time of Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station:

Jackery 240 Has a Multicharging mood.

  1. Wall Charging.
  2. Car Charging.
  3. Solar Charging.

Time Taken to recharge it with a different charging mood

  1. Wall Charger: To test the recharging time, first we drained the battery of jackery 240 to empty. Then we connected it to the wall socket at our home and kept it at the normal temperature. It took 340 minutes or 5.67 Hours. You will get the wall charger in the box of jackery explorer 240. You can buy extra from here if you need (Affiliate Link)
  2. Car Charger: You will also get a car charger cable in the box to recharge it in the car. From the car charger port, using this cable it will be recharged within 7 hours. Buy an extra Car Charger cable for jackery 240 from here.
  3. Solar Charging: This Jackery 240 Portable power station can be used as a solar generator and green energy is produced by a solar panel of 80watt/ 100 watt / 200watt. You can not use more than 1 PC solar panel at a time.

Recharging time with different types of solar panels:


Solar Panel Type

Solar Saga 80

Solar Saga 100

Solar Saga 200

Recharging time

315 Minutes or 5.25 Hours

270 Minutes or 4.5 Hours

222 Minutes or 3.7 Hours

Buying link

Buy Solar Saga 80

Buy Solar Saga 100

Buy Solar Saga 200

[Note: The Charging time may vary depends on the Power of Sun and the different hours of a day. We tested it in the mid-day and direct sunlight.]

Solar Saga is its own solar panel of jackery. They manufactured different types of solar panels to recharge the Jakcery portable power stations. You need to buy a solar panel separately. With a solar saga solar panel, it becomes a very perfect clean energy generator for you.

We have discussed the Design, performance, and recharging time of the jackery 240 portable power station. You will get authentic information from here to make a purchase decision.

Here is the technical details of Jackery Explorer 240 POrtable power station

  • Battery Capacity: 240Wh
  • Cell Chemistry: Lithium-ion
  • Cycle life: 500 cycles to 80%+ capacity

Management System:

  • BMS, Over Voltage Protection, Short Circuit Protection


  • AC Output(x1): 110V, 60Hz, 200W (400W Peak)
  • USB-A Output(x2): 5V⎓2.4A
  • Car Port(x1): 5V⎓2.4A

AC Input:

  • Use external AC charger provided. 
  • DC Input: 24V⎓3.75A
  • USB-C PD: 20V⎓3A


  • Weight: 6.6lbs(3kg)
  • Height: 9.05in(23cm)
  • Width: 5.24in(13.32cm)
  • Depth: 7.87in(20cm)
  • Warranty: 2 Years
  • Operating Usage Temperature: 14-104F (-10-40℃)

Safety Tips while using the jackery explorer 240 portable power station

  1. Do not drain the battery completely. Recharge it when the battery level comes to 15-20%
  2. Monitor the temperature while using a high-wattage rated device (more than 100w)
  3. Remove any adapter, USB cable, and car charger after use.
  4. Do not remain connected to the wall charger after a full charge.

Maintenance tips for Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station

  1. Keep and store it in a place where the air can move easily.
  2. Do not use it in the rain and wet environment.
  3. Do not cover it while using.
  4. Keep it safe from children.
  5. Recharge it every month if not in Use for a long time.

Frequently Asked Questions: (FAQ)

Can it be used as a solar generator?

Yes! It can be used as a solar generator but you need to buy an external solar panel from any renowned brand.

Can I use it while charging?

Yes. You can use it while charging.

How to measure the backup time with any of my devices?

Check your device for the rated power. Working time = 240Wh* 0.85 / operating wattage of your device. You will find the operating wattage of your device in the back of the device or box of the device.

Final Words

Jackery 240 portable power station is a well-built and performance-oriented portable power station. It is the best in its segment. We recommended it to buy it if you need a portable power station for short trips or camping outside.